Americus Fire and Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to eight calls for medical assistance,
• Firefighters responded to a small electrical fire in a dishwasher at Magnolia Manor, 2001 S. Lee St.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident with injuries on West Forsyth Street.
Americus Police Department
• Police investigated a traffic accident shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday at West Forsyth and North Lee streets.
According to the accident report, Coneisha C. Leverette of 235 Academy St., Americus, driving a 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante, was traveling west on Forsyth. Hannah M. Ekkel of 1197 U.S. Highway 280 East, Americus, driving a 1995 Jeep Wrangler, was also traveling west on Forsyth, behind Leverette’s vehicle.
The report states that Ekkel’s Jeep struck Leverette’s vehicle in the rear.
Leverette was taken to Phoebe Sumter Medical Center by Vital Care.
Ekkel is charged with following too closely.
• Tyrone E. Angry, 37, of 120-A Forrest Park, Americus is charged with obstructing or hindering law enforcement officers, and was jailed.
• Robert Q. Ferrell, 26, of 1009 Boarder St., Americus is charged with criminal trespass and giving a false name, and was jailed.
• Christopher J. Ferguson, 40, of 103 Sun Valley Drive Apt. 10, Americus is charged with theft by shoplifting, possession of a Schedule I controlled substance and possession of cocaine, and was jailed.
• Shaquena Mack, 22, of 805 Douglas Drive, Americus is charged with criminal trespass.
• Bradley A. Engram, 25, of 202 Morse Ave., Americus is charged with driving while license is suspended or revoked (third offense).
• Shawn E. Robinson, 19, of Fort Valley is charged with disorderly conduct and underage consumption/possession of alcohol.
• Jacob R. Benford, 20, of 4398 Ga. Highway 228, Ellaville is charged with obstruction, open container and underage consumption/possession of alcohol.
• Angelique E. Sullivan, 19, of Savannah is charged with DUI, underage consumption/possession of alcohol and driving wrong way on a one-way street.
• George Ellis Jr., 28, of 2143 Horton Drive, Americus is charged with operating a motor vehicle while registration is suspended, canceled or revoked, and driving while license is suspended or revoked.
• Paula E. Price, 55, of 602 Wildwood Circle, Americus is charged with failure to maintain lane and DUI.
• Meghan Y. Cole, 20, of 141 Lonnie Lane, No. 231, Americus is charged with no brake lights and driving while unlicensed.
• Charles J. Cecil, 49, of 127 Jasmine Drive, Americus is charged with driving while license is suspended or revoked.
• Rick Cosby, 28, of 120 Belinda Circle, Americus is charged with assault-battery.
• John Harris IV, 29, of 1018 Simmons Drive, Americus is charged with speeding, driving while license is suspended or revoked, and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
• Criminal trespass was reported at Wal-Mart Supercenter, 1809 E. Lamar St.
• A flip phone was reported stolen on Bessie Mays Circle.
• A gas drive-off was reported at Super Shop, 1505 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
• Theft was reported at Citizens Bank of Americus.
• A Murphy Mill Road resident reported forgery.
• Criminal trespass was reported on Roney Street, Maxwell Street, Lonnie Lane and at Weeks Trailer Park, 916.5 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
• A 25-in. TV was reported stolen on South Dudley Street.
• Robbery was reported on Bessie Mays Circle.
• Shoplifting was reported at Flash Foods, 1101 Crawford St.; Americus Package, 1040 E. Forsyth St., and Dollar General-Wheatley, 103 W. Jefferson St.
• An unwanted person was reported at Weeks Trailer Park.
• A laptop computer, cash and a Georgia ID card were reported stolen on Maxwell Street.
• A counterfeit $20-bill was reported at Wal-Mart Supercenter.
• A Wii game system, three Wii games, three Wii games controls and two rings were reported stolen on Lawson Drive.
• A hit and run was reported on Bay Street.
• A dispute was reported on East Jefferson Street.
• A purse was reported stolen from a vehicle at Winn-Dixie, 1206 Crawford St.
• A counterfeit $10-bill was reported at Waffle House, 1207 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
• A laptop computer and a GPS dash system were reported stolen from a vehicle on Quincey Drive.
• A telephone scam was reported at Campbell Chapel A.M.E. Church, 503 N. Jackson St.
• A domestic disturbance was reported on Patterson Street.
Americus Fire and Emergency Services