As February approaches, so do homecoming festivities at Georgia Southwestern State University. The Alumni Affairs Department is planning annual Alumni Reunion events for Feb. 15-16.
The festivities begin Friday, Feb. 15 at 6 p.m. when Dueling Pianos of Atlanta perform at GSW’s Griffin Bell Golf and Conference Center. Cocktails and heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served and a silent auction will be held to raise money for scholarships. Tickets are $25 dollars, and this event is open to the community.
Saturday’s activities begin at 10 a.m. with an alumni awards brunch in the Thomas O. Marshall Pavilion Private Dining Room. A campus tailgate will begin at 11 a.m. and will run in conjunction with homecoming basketball games at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. versus Augusta State University. The night’s final activity will be a National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) step show in the GSW Storm Dome at 8 p.m.
A full schedule of events with times and locations is listed below:
• Dueling Pianos of Atlanta with silent auction : Friday, Feb. 15, 6 p.m., Griffin Bell Golf and Conference Center, tickets - $25
• Alumni Awards Brunch: Saturday, Feb. 16, 10 a.m., Thomas O. Marshall, Jr. Private Dining Room, $20
• Complimentary Canes’ Cookout & Tailgate: Saturday, Feb. 16, 11 a.m., Storm Dome parking lot
• Campus Tour: Saturday, Feb. 16, 1 p.m., campus walking tour including demonstration of patient simulator in Rosalynn Carter Health and Human Sciences Complex
• Canes and Lady Canes basketball vs. Augusta State: Saturday, Feb. 16, women play at 1:30 p.m., men play 3:30 p.m., Storm Dome
• NPHC Step Show: Saturday, Feb. 16, 8 p.m., Storm Dome, tickets – in advance (Feb. 11) $5, at the door $7
• Dutch Breakfast: Sunday, Feb. 17, Marshall Student Center Dining Hall
To register or for additional information, call (229) 928-1373.
Dueling Pianos to perform Friday, Feb. 15
- Local News
- Kidnapped child located in Dodge County, air-lifted after car accident
- Sumter County Schools gets CCRPI results
- Video production
- Volcanic knowledge
- Odyssey of the Mind team heads for World Finals in Michigan
- Health inspections: May 12, 2013
Ru Story-Huffman named dean of GSW’s James Earl Carter Library
Ru Story-Huffman, interim dean of the James Earl Carter Library at Georgia Southwestern State University, was officially named dean. Prior to her role as interim dean, Story-Huffman served as reference librarian and government information coordinator at the Carter Library. She succeeds Vera Weisskopf who retired in March 2012.
- King's Academy does science projects
- War memorial rededication planned as part of Memorial Day observance
- Worthy wins Georgia Southwestern Professor of the Year Award
- More Local News Headlines